payment topleft payment topright pothole topright
The Union Schoolhouse Long Valley Historical Museum
Still known as the Union Schoolhouse, this structure was built in 1832. and is one of the best preserved fieldstone buildings in the area. It's purpose when built was that of a schoolhouse, although it reflects the residential architecture of the same period

The Old Union Church The Old Union Church - Built in the meeting house style, the original structure was built in 1774 to replace a log Church on the same location and has recently undergone extensive stabilization work (funded by Morris County Heritage Commission and the Morris County Preservation Trust Fund) which included reconstructing the collapsed entryway which had not been seen in over a century. The ruin is surrounded still by the church yard burial ground which contains the second largest collection in NJ of gravemarkers by master carver John Solomon Teetzel. The Church was shared by both the Evangelical Lutheran and the Dutch Reformed (later Presbyterian) Communities which still own the site. First settler Johannes Welsh is buried here.

1 E Main The Phillip Weise House, 1 East Mill Road (the intersection of Route 24 (E. Mill Road) and Fairmount Road), was constructed in 1744. Architecturally, this is the best constructed and maintained early 18th century dwelling in the German Valley Historical district. The house is constructed of random and cut stone. The main unit is a 2½ story nearly square, gambrel roofed, 3 bay house with center entrance. The windows are 6/6 on the second floor and 9/6 on the first floor, all with louvered shutters. The stone lintels over the appertures have keystones. The roof has a pair of gable end chimneys, and a slight overhanging and returning cornice with plain frieze. On tbe north, (front) facade the stonework is rough, but in the west gable end it is carefully coursed. Characteristic of the German-type structures built in New Jersey and Pennsylvania is the one and one-half story kitchen projecting out from the east gable end facade. This wing is also dressed stone with a gable roof, and an interior end chimney.
Brew Pub The Long Valley Brew Pub is a excellent example of one of the few surviving stone barns in Long Valley. The structure, built in the forebay style originally had vertical "loopholes" for light and ventilation, features common to the Pennsylvania Culture reigon, but rare in Morris County.

Quadruple Arch Stone Bridge Stone Bridge
Bridge over the South Branch of the Raritan River - Center of Long Valley
The Quadruple Arch Stone Bridge carrying Route 24 over South Branch of the Raritan River dates to about 1870. The bridge is one of the few stone arch road bridges left in Morris County. The four segmental arches make this an exceptionally long span across the river. The road-bed is two narrow lanes. The bridge is constructed of random fieldstoneand the sidewalks are topped by flat-stone. Until the summer of 1976 there was a iron frame walkway across the bridge on the east side. The walkway was probably of early 20th century construction.
Wherli Stone House
Located at the intersection of Wehrli Road and West Springtown Road.
48 West Springtown Road The Weimer House
This house, with the ell added after it's 1790 construction sits on West Springtown Road, and may be considered the sister house of the stone house at the intersection of Wehrli and West Springtown (the house gracing the header of some of the web pages.)

The Old Mill The Lyman Kice General Store
(one of the original meeting places for the Township Committee)
Center of Long Valley

Schooley's The Jesse Weise House, located on Schooley's Mountain Road (Route 24), just north of South Branch of the Raritan River, was constructed in 1803. This 2½ story fieldstone dwelling is characteristic of stone buildings erected in the valley under the influence of the German or Pennsylvania-German culture in the 18th-early 19th century. the front facade has three bays with a center and side entrance. The windows are all 9/9 wooden pegged double hung sash save the two smaller 6 pane windows in the attic. Over the windows are stone lintels with keystones. The corner stones are roughly coursed and larger than those of the central construction thereby producing a quoin-like effect. The roof is gable and has end chimney's on each gable end. Both long facades have a two bay protective porch. The gable end faced the road.
Zion Lutheran Church The Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is located on Route 24 on the banks of the South Branch of the Raritan River. In 1832 the Old Union Church was abandoned for the new more impressive edifice on Route 24. This stone church building with stucco wing probably dates to its early construction date. but also exhibits numerous Gothic characteristics as reflected in the Gothic arch windows and doorways and the octagonal spire. Even with a projected center vestibule tower, the Evangelical Lutheran Church maintains a basic rectangular form. The front facade of the edifice has a tower which extends to a point just above the roof peak of the main building. The vestibule has a double door capped by a Gothic arched transom. In the transom is a stained glass circular window. Above the entrance are two paired Gothic arched windows which are highlighted brownstone. The tower has a wooden hiproofed capping and is topped by a full one story towered belfry and a reaching octagonal spire. Flanking the tower are Gothic tracery windows with stained glass. The long facade of the church has five bays; all Gothic arch tracery with stained glass windows. A modern one story flat roofed stone and concrete multi-purpose facility has been added to the south.
East Mill Stone House 'The Fort'
The Fort
Weise Plaque
Weise Plaque

Spring House
The Springhouse is located at the intersection of Pleasant Grove Road and Mount Lebanon Road.


Stone Barn
Located on Mission Road

Schooley's Mountain Road

155 Schooley's Mountain Road

Schooley's Mountain Road

157 Schooley's Mountain Road

West Mill Road

West Mill Road

Riverstone Cemetery Building  
Please take notice of the slots in the wall of the barn, an uncommon feature.  
West Mill  


Safe Medicine Drop


Project Medicine Drop is a program designed to allow Township residents to properly and safely dispose of their unwanted or expired household medications.

Residents can bring their unwanted or expired household medications removed from the original packaging and placed in a zip lock or similar type plastic bag to the Washington Township Police Department  24 hours a day. Residents will then place their medication into the Project Medicine Drop box which is located inside Police Headquarters at the police station anonymously and free of charge.  The medications will then safely and properly be destroyed.  

No liquids or sharps/needles can be taken at this location.

The Washington Township Police Department is located at 1 East Springtown Road.